Monday, August 12, 2013

Coping with illnesses

Illnesses are something mums don't like to deal with. Children are extra cranky and clingy. Mums are worn thinner than ever before.

We had a series of illness in our household the last couple of weeks.

First it was hand, foot and mouth disease which puts the little one out of contact with other people. She couldn't understand why she had to stay at home while the older sister goes out in the car. The sores on her arms bother her.

Then it was the older sister who had flu.

Then we all had head lice.

It was constant washing, washing, washing. Keep the toys clean. Keep your fingers clean. Keep the furniture clean.

We're getting to the end of all these and I look forward to a more normal life.

Clingy, cranky children aren't fun. A mum worn thin doesn't help either.

But, I know, I don't have to do this alone. God is there to strengthen and keep me going. His love allows me to love my children even more. His patience allows me to listen and spend time with them. When I feel like I am exhausted of all love and patience, He is the one who refreshes me and fills me with overflowing abundance. Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment